Staff Data Engineer (ML/AI) - Remote
We're Plentific, the world’s leading real-time property solution, and we're looking for top talent to join our ambitious team. We’re a global company, headquartered in London, and operating across the United Kingdom, Germany and North America.
As a B2B company, we're dedicated to helping landlords, letting agents and property managers streamline operations, unlock revenue, increase tenant satisfaction, and remain compliant through our award-winning SaaS technology platform. We also work with SMEs and large service providers, helping them access more work and grow their businesses.
We're not just any proptech - we're backed by some of the biggest names in the business, including A/O PropTech, Highland Europe, Mubadala, RXR Digital Ventures and Target Global and work with some of the world’s most prominent real estate players.
But we're not just about business - we're also building stronger communities where people can thrive by ensuring the quality and safety of buildings, supporting decarbonisation through our ESG Retrofit Centre of Excellence and championing diversity across the sector through the Women’s Trade Network. We're committed to creating exceptional experiences for our team members, too. Our culture is open and empowering, and we're always looking for passionate, driven individuals to join us on our mission.
So, what's in it for you?
- A fast-paced, friendly, collaborative and hybrid/flexible working environment
- Ample opportunities for career growth and progression
- A multicultural workplace with over 20 nationalities that value diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Prioritisation of well-being with social events, digital learning, career development programs and much more
If you're ready to join a dynamic and innovative team that’s pioneering change in real estate, we'd love to hear from you.
This is a fully remote position based anywhere in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Data Engineering team. You'll be reporting to the Head of Data Engineering and will have responsibility across large production code bases and will also be tasked with software architecture designs and reviews. The role is heavy hands-on coding, as an individual contributor, with no people management responsibilities, though you will be expected to enjoy mentoring other engineers.
The Data Engineering team, alongside the Frontend, Backend and DevOps teams, sits at the centre of everything we do at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, Public APIs, ML/AI, real-time notifications and fraud prevention.
The team has a stronger focus and ownership of the production Machine Learning systems, the data warehouse, Public APIs, real-time data pipelines, LLM's and AI in general, and our flagship interactive analytics module named 'Advanced Analytics'. Almost all code so far is written in Python and SQL.
Our tech stack is made of, amongst others: AWS, Kubernetes, Django, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, ElasticSearch, dbt, Looker, scikit-learn, FastAPI, Celery, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Be the main individual contributor to the most strategic and high impact projects in Plentific
- Own and defend the software architecture designs from conception to release, including build vs buy discussions
- Collaborate with Product stakeholders, to understand, define, develop and implement scalable, cutting-edge solutions that amaze our customers
- Serve as a tech lead to look up to, providing guidance and mentorship to help develop the skills and talents of others
- Champion best coding practices, documentation, reviews, unit and integrations testing, data quality and security, and performance
- Excellent Python and SQL skills, but you should be open to picking up other programming languages
- A strong interest in learning and developing AI-powered systems (such as LLM-based)
- A self-starter who assumes responsibility for their work, accepts direction and feedback from co-workers and managers, and happily helps make anyone’s good idea a reality
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills in English
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years of relevant experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with Machine Learning is a must, since we are heavily expanding our capabilities in this area
As you can see, we are quickly progressing with our ambitious plans and are eager to grow our team of doers to achieve our vision of managing over 2 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management across the globe. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible working environment + 25 days annual holiday
- Private health care including discounted gym membership
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Company volunteering day and charity salary sacrifice scheme
- Learning management system by SAP Litmos
- Learning and development fund
- Referral bonus and charity donation if someone you introduce joins the company
- Season ticket loan, Cycle to work, Electric vehicle and Techscheme programs
- Pension - 3% employer contribution, 5% employee contribution
- Lunch of your choice once a week for office based employees
- Regular company-sponsored lunches, dinners and social gatherings
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, fruit, breakfast cereal etc.