Head of Mobile
We're Plentific, the world’s leading real-time property solution, and we're looking for top talent to join our ambitious team. We’re a global company, headquartered in London, and operating across the United Kingdom, Germany and North America.
As a B2B company, we're dedicated to helping landlords, letting agents and property managers streamline operations, unlock revenue, increase tenant satisfaction, and remain compliant through our award-winning SaaS technology platform. We also work with SMEs and large service providers, helping them access more work and grow their businesses.
We're not just any proptech - we're backed by some of the biggest names in the business, including A/O PropTech, Highland Europe, Mubadala, RXR Digital Ventures and Target Global and work with some of the world’s most prominent real estate players.
But we're not just about business - we're also building stronger communities where people can thrive by ensuring the quality and safety of buildings, supporting decarbonisation through our ESG Retrofit Centre of Excellence and championing diversity across the sector through the Women’s Trade Network. We're committed to creating exceptional experiences for our team members, too. Our culture is open and empowering, and we're always looking for passionate, driven individuals to join us on our mission.
So, what's in it for you?
- A fast-paced, friendly, collaborative and hybrid/flexible working environment
- Ample opportunities for career growth and progression
- A multicultural workplace with over 20 nationalities that value diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Prioritisation of well-being with social events, digital learning, career development programs and much more
If you're ready to join a dynamic and innovative team that’s pioneering change in real estate, we'd love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Mobile to join the engineering team. You’ll be leading a highly technical and motivated team of engineers, alongside our Engineering Senior Leadership team, reporting to our Engineering Director. You’ll be responsible for owning and delivering our mobile apps, built in Flutter, across iOS and Android. You’ll have direct line management of a number of engineers, as well as being responsible for growing the team when needed to deliver our apps, focusing on Quality throughout, in an intellectually stimulating environment.
The engineering team sits at the centre of everything we do at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, real-time notifications and fraud prevention. Our mobile engineers mostly work with Flutter. The rest of the tech stack includes Python/Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, AWS, ES6, React.js, React Query, TypeScript, Express, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Git, Jenkins, Elasticsearch. We have a very large but clean code base as we put significant emphasis on design patterns, code readability, testability, maintainability and extendability.
- Lead multiple teams of mobile engineers
- Directly line manage a number of engineering managers
- Own mobile development and apps delivery
- Be part of the Senior engineering leadership team
- Be responsible for team size and delivery speed, recruiting where needed
- Report to director of engineering on any blockers within the teams
- Focus on quality throughout building our apps to the highest standards
- Deep understanding of how mobile apps work and how they interact with other parts of the application
- Being able to architect complex applications
- People management/performance management
Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years engineering experience in iOS or Android
- Experience managing teams delivering apps across iOS and Android
- Experience in a hands off technical leadership role
- Experience building apps from idea to release
As you can see, we are quickly progressing with our ambitious plans and are eager to grow our team of doers to achieve our vision of managing over 2 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management across the globe. Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible working environment + 25 days annual holiday
- Private health care including discounted gym membership
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Company volunteering day and charity salary sacrifice scheme
- Learning management system by SAP Litmos
- Learning and development fund
- Referral bonus and charity donation if someone you introduce joins the company
- Season ticket loan, Cycle to work, Electric vehicle and Techscheme programs
- Pension - 3% employer contribution, 5% employee contribution
- Lunch of your choice once a week for office based employees
- Regular company-sponsored lunches, dinners and social gatherings
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, fruit, breakfast cereal etc.