Senior Manager - Contractor Management, DE (m/w/d)
Plentific is one of the fastest growing property technology companies in the world, backed by renowned investors including Brookfield, Highland Europe, A/O Proptech, Target Global and Mubadala. We are headquartered in London, UK, with offices in Germany, USA and Turkey. Our mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. We do so by streamlining how repairs, maintenance and compliance services are delivered. Our platform gives clients rich insight into management, operational and performance data, helping them deliver their customer service promise, while optimising supplier costs and adhering to their environmental, social and governance goals.
Come and be a part of:
- A leading Proptech with a global footprint and an HQ in heart of London’s bustling centre
- A diverse, multicultural workplace with over 30 nationalities amongst our employees
- A stimulating atmosphere and fast-paced growth led by our recent $100m funding round
- A flexible work culture and a number of programmes built around your physical and mental wellbeing
Developing acclaimed technology is only possible when we’ve got a great team on our side. Our culture is open and empowering. If you are passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
Plentific is looking for a Senior Manager reporting directly into the Global Head of Marketplace.
This position is a critical part of our global expansion, focussed on owning the entire contractor marketplace and supply partner ecosystem in Germany, leading a team of contractor acquisition (sales) and account managers (success). Our contractor marketplace and the transactional revenue is critical for Plentific to meet its ambitious growth targets, as well as delivering significant value to our clients’ operations.
We support our contractors - whether appointed by clients our sourced by our own teams - from the moment they join Plentific, helping them through our verification process, so they can bid on and win contracts for building maintenance and construction projects.
As the team lead, you will help build and manage a team of contractor acquisition managers (BDMs) and contractor success managers (AMs), whilst demonstrating great front line leadership and initiative, with a personable approach to driving team performance. You will be experienced in delivering against performance metrics and KPIs, be driven by passion and be responsible for your team’s performance in persuading contractors to join our national network and engage with and adopt the Plentific platform for workflow management.
Essential to this role will be a focus on your team (including recruitment, talent development and retention) and pipeline (growth, quality and linear progression), and a close alignment to our global contractor management teams in order to scale our business faster.
- You must be based in or within daily commutable distance to Berlin.
- You must be fluent in both German (C level) and English languages, able to communicate, negotiate, build relationships and manage stakeholders at director/c-suite both internally and within client facing environments (both contractor and client customers); this often includes contributing presentations and acting as a subject matter expert during client sales pitches and commercial negotiations
- High emotional intelligence able to adapt with a cool head in a fast paced, ever changing environment, whilst having fun along the way
- Lead from the front, getting stuck in to day to day operations from acquisition to account management
- Own the strategic growth, management, health and overall lifecycle of the of contractor marketplace ecosystem across DE
- Build a diverse range of contractor-led solutions to support client account acquisition, growth and success ensuring suitability for the DE market
- Build and manage a team of business development professionals targeting every type of contractor trade (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electrical across a diverse range of sectors.)
- Build and manage a team of account managers / contractor success managers responsible for all aspects of the contractor lifecycle: from onboarding to sustainable growth and continual engagement
- Build high level relationships with medium-large enterprise contractors and facilities management providers, forming strategic partnership and the commercial frameworks for unlocking new client relationships
- Work with the sales enablement team to develop sales materials to coach, mentor and train sellers
- Work with the global marketplace team to build and deliver quotas and KPIs to achieve quarterly growth and success targets, in line with company growth strategy
- Contribute towards the development and execution of policy and procedures relative to marketplace sales and management
- Support the client sales team with strategic growth of marketplace in new territories, developing a diverse range of service delivery solutions
- Engaging at all levels with current and potential contractors to manage relationships and understand potential pain points for the sector
- Continue to improve Plentific’s product offering for contractors alongside the Head of Product Strategy and global marketplace team, with a view to commercialising the solution
- Proactively engage in developing partnership opportunities within each sector for Plentific to engage in
- Work with the global marketplace team to develop necessary reports and read-outs for senior management
- Track, analyse and present sales and marketplace performance metrics to senior leadership
- Fluent in both German and English (C level)
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a thirst for success
- Pragmatic, calm and focussed in fast-paced environment
- Must enjoy problem solving and building solutions
- Strong EQ with natural ability to forge close relationship and manage stakeholders - both internal and external
- Strong client facing abilities and growth mindset
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Understanding of building and maintenance legislation, relating to statutory compliance and Health & Safety
- Strong strategic planning, organisational, and creative thinking skills
- Working knowledge of the company's products, competitive products, and the market
- Proficiency with Google Suite or MS Office
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Direct or indirect experience of property maintenance, repairs, project delivery, renovations of rental properties preferential
- Digital marketplace business experience preferential
- Business development and contractor management experience - ideally from a facilities or property management background
- Property or contracting background; working knowledge of the contracting / outsourcing industry
- Experience hiring and developing sales teams
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
As you can see, we are quickly progressing with our ambitious plans and are eager to grow our team of doers to achieve our vision of managing over 2 million properties through our platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management across the globe. Here’s what we offer:
- 28 days annual leave plus all public holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Company volunteering day
- Company BVG Ticket
- Urban Sports Membership
- Pension Scheme: Employer 3%, employee 5%
- Learning and development fund
- Referral bonus and charity donation if someone you introduce joins the company
- Regular company-sponsored lunches, dinners and social gatherings
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, fruit, breakfast cereal etc.
- An inherently diverse culture with over 18 nationalities and 25 languages spoken