Senior 3D Vision AI Engineer
Contilio is a game-changing and fast-growing AI-first startup based in London. We use advanced 3D AI technology to power the most advanced analytics platform for the $12 trillion construction industry, fully automating construction progress, installation quality and predictive risks. Using intelligent digital twins, our Tier 1 customers are empowered to make smart decisions, eliminate problems before they happen, and deliver their projects faster, more cost-effectively, and sustainably, saving billions in costs and CO2 emissions.
We are building a global category leader shaping the future of 3D semantic understanding for the largest global industry, while creating significant value for our customers and the global population by making critical infrastructure more affordable and environmentally friendly. To fulfil this vision, we set ambitious goals, work hard and believe that anything is possible!
Given the exponential growth and to build the future of our 3D AI platform, we are looking to add a smart, ambitious and technically strong Senior 3D Vision AI Engineer to our team. In this role, you will lead 3D vision and ML projects end-to-end and work closely with Software- and Product teams to translate the data into key insights for vision/ML projects. As you grow into the role, you will also be leading the relationship with our chief scientific advisor, Professor Konrad Schindler (ETH Zurich).
Attractive equity, competitive base salary and the opportunity to take on more ownership as we grow our team, technology and global footprint.
You need to have full UK work authorization - we do not sponsor visas.
What you will be doing:
- Develop the Contilio 3D AI pipeline applying latest advances in 3D data processing, 3D vision and ML techniques, including system design and testing
- Implement 3D data algorithms, structures and labelling processes that scale efficiently with a growing number of Enterprise customers
- Identify data-, pipeline-, and/or operational bottlenecks, come up with improvements, and implement scalable solutions in an agile manner
- Project-manage AI/Vision activities and supervise data operations
- Coach and train more junior team members and support hiring as we grow our 3D AI team
Technical skills that you need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in 3D Computer Vision, Machine Vision, Computational Geometry, or other related areas
- Experience managing vision/AI projects from design to deployment
- High proficiency in Python and track record of generating scalable, high-quality production code
- High proficiency in 3D computer vision and related frameworks/ libraries and experience with 3D data processing (point clouds)
- PhD/ MSc in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, or related fields
Personal traits we’d love to see:
- You want to solve challenging vision problems and through your work drive positive impact for customers, people and the environment globally
- You are a strong problem solver and have a direct communication style
- You put customers first when you are developing new products and features
- You are a great team player who can manage projects in an agile manner, ensuring high quality is delivered within agreed timeframes
Any of the following is a plus:
- Start-up experience ideally in AI, Computer Vision and/or Enterprise software
- Experience with ML/DL frameworks for 3D data
- Proficiency using RDBMs systems ideally Postgres
- Proficiency deploying on AWS or using Docker
- Familiarity with BIM or construction design tools (Autodesk, Bentley etc.)
Where you will be working:
- We work in a hybrid manner, 2-3 days a week in our London Office (Shoreditch)