Principal Software Engineer
Contilio is a game-changing and fast-growing AI-first startup based in London. We use advanced 3D AI technology to power the most advanced analytics platform for the $12 trillion construction industry, fully automating construction progress, installation quality and predictive risk management. Using intelligent digital twins, our Tier 1 customers are empowered to make smart decisions, eliminate problems before they happen, and to deliver their projects faster, cost-effectively, and sustainably, saving billions in costs and CO2 emissions.
We are building a global category leader shaping the future of 3D semantic understanding for the largest global industry, while creating significant value for our customers and the global population by making critical infrastructure more affordable and environmentally friendly. To fulfil this vision, we set ambitious goals, work hard and believe that anything is possible.
We are looking to add a smart and driven Principal Software Engineer to our team. Reporting to the CTO you will lead software development- and cloud deployment activities to build the next version of Contilio’s cutting-edge AI platform. In addition, you will work closely with the Vision team, as well as product- and the commercial functions to define and implement customer requirements and delight our blue-chip customers.
Attractive equity, competitive base salary and the opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow our team, cutting-edge technology and global footprint.
You need to be authorized to work in the UK – we do not sponsor visas for this role.
What you will be doing:
Lead and implement software development and -deployment, including:
- System architecture design and -improvement
- Implement and test backend, analytics engine, database and integrations
- Cloud deployment and performance optimization
Lead and implement engineering best practices, including:
- Establishing, implementing and tracking the development and product KPIs
- Performing code reviews and learning sessions
- Contributing to and developing Contilio’s knowledge base
- Coach and train more junior team members and support hiring
Technical skills we’d love to see:
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing maintainable, high-quality Enterprise/B2B codebase/software in an agile environment
- 2+ years of managing software projects from design to deployment
- High proficiency in Python and familiarity with a second object-oriented language, track record of generating scalable, high-quality production code
- High proficiency using RDBMs and Postgres
- Experience with AWS and familiarity with Docker and container orchestration
Personal traits we’d love to see:
- You are a self-starter and want to apply your technical expertise to solve challenging technical problems, while having positive impact on peoples' lives
- You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to translate customer requirements into scalable software/products
- You are a team player who can manage software projects end to end, ensuring high quality outputs are delivered on time
Any of the following is a plus:
- Start-up experience ideally in AI, Computer Vision or Enterprise software
- MSc or Phd in Computer Science, Math or other related fields (not required for experienced startup software leads with related work experience)
- Experience with 2D/3D vision or big data applications
- Experience with Terraform and IaC
- Familiarity with BIM or construction design tools (Autodesk, Bentley etc.)
Where you will be working:
- We work in a hybrid manner, 2-3 days a week in our London Office (Moorgate)