Founding Software Engineer
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an ambitious Software Engineer to join the founding team of a VC-backed startup as we rapidly develop and scale our MVP. This is a remote role with the option to work hybrid in our co-working space at Balderton Capital in Kings Cross.
Ambr is a VC-backed startup on a mission to prevent workplace burnout – a global mental health crisis that costs organisations $155bn a year. We’re building software that automatically identifies burnout risk factors (like excessive meetings, out-of-hours communication, or low usage of annual leave) and then delivers nudges to employees, directing them towards healthier behaviours.
We’re a 3 person co-founding team of ex-Uber leaders, passionate about building a fast paced start-up with a sustainable working culture. We’ve been selected by TechCrunch as a 2022 Startup Battlefield participant (joining alumni like Dropbox, Fitbit and Cloudfare) and by WebSummit 2022 as an Impact Startup.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be employee number 1 – working directly with the founders to translate our product vision into impact, as fast as possible
- You’ll solve technical problems with scalable, high-performing solutions
- You’ll own all technical requirements analysis, solution design, architecture, and end-to-end technical delivery of the product
- You’ll communicate technical information to colleagues and customers in straightforward manner
Who You’ll Be
- You’re excited by the opportunity to work with a small, co-founding team in the earliest days of a startup
- You enjoy translating product and business goals into great technical solutions that help us validate our product quickly
- You’ll have 4+ years engineering experience in a production environment
- You’re excited about what we are building and are passionate about preventing chronic stress and burnout in the workplace